Table of Contents
Snapchat, with its unique features, is one of the most used social media platforms among the younger generation around the world. Its easy-to-understand User Interface is what attracts users the most. They can instantly share their stories through this app. If you still don’t have this amazing app, download Snapchat for Android phones and iOS devices. Now, the app has its own language of indicators that show the type of message sent or received and its status. However, one of the lesser-known indicators is the dreaded grey arrow. Today, we will tell you what does Grey arrow mean on Snapchat and how to perform Grey arrow check on Snapchat.
What does Grey Arrow mean on Snapchat?
You might already be familiar with Snapchat indicators but, if you aren’t, we have check the given list to understand what they depict.
1. Blue arrow & Blue box: indicate messages sent and received.
2. Red arrow & Red box: indicate pictures sent and received.
3. Purple Arrow: indicate video.
4. A solid arrow/box: visible next to the username, indicates that the message is unread.
5. Outline of an arrow/box: displayed next to the username, indicates that the message has been viewed.
Refer given pic for clarity.
However, there is a lot of ambiguity over what does Grey arrow mean on Snapchat. This is probably because it appears less often than other indicators. The grey arrow indicates that the content you have sent to an individual cannot be delivered. This has to be clearly distinguished from the sending notifications. While the sending notification indicates that your network is not allowing you to send the message, the grey arrow indicates that the user to whom you have sent the message cannot accept any communications from you.
This is what the grey arrow looks like.
Also Read: How to Get Verified on Snapchat?
Why does the Grey arrow appear on Snapchat?
The grey arrow can appear for these reasons:
- The user to whom you have sent the content hasn’t accepted your request.
- Or the user has unfriended you.
For privacy reasons, Snapchat does not disclose to users when they have been unfriended. Thus, it becomes difficult to ascertain the reason for the grey arrow to appear. Whatever the case, the answer to what does Grey arrow means on Snapchat remains the same viz grey arrow indicates that no content, be it text, pictures, or videos, can be sent to that particular user.
What is Grey Arrow Check on Snapchat?
Having established what a grey arrow entails, we will now learn about grey arrow checks on Snapchat. A grey arrow check is a process of sending a snap to numerous people to ascertain for whom exactly, the grey arrow appears. In this way, you can determine which user is unable to receive your content. Moreover, you will be able to figure out who has possibly, un-friended you via grey arrow check on Snapchat. The grey arrow will appear next to the name of the individual who has unfriended you or hasn’t accepted your friend request, as yet.
Also Read: What Do The Numbers on Snapchat Mean?
What happens if you’re Re-Friended?
- When a person accepts your friend request or re-friends you, you may receive a notification on Snapchat that a certain person has added you as a friend.
Note: If that person was previously your friend, this is a telling indication that they had unfriended you at some point.
- Additionally, if there was a grey arrow snap next to that person’s name, then it will automatically turn to a colored one viz blue, red, or purple depending on the type of content you had sent. This would mean that the content has been delivered to the person and is accessible to them.
What to do if you see a Grey Arrow?
For obvious reasons, there isn’t much that you can do if you see a grey arrow next to someone’s name on Snapchat. As mentioned earlier, it indicates that they have unfriended you or have not yet accepted your friend request. There’s no way to force friendships, and you shouldn’t. Although, if they are your friends on other apps, you can contact them and remind them to accept your request on Snapchat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. What does grey box mean on Snapchat?
A grey box indicates that a snap or chat is pending and/or may have expired.
Q2. What does grey arrow check mean on Snapchat mean?
A grey arrow check is a way of ascertaining which of your friends have unfriended you or haven’t accepted your friend request yet. This can be done by sending a snap to numerous people, at once, and then checking for whom the grey arrow appears.
Q3. How do you get rid of the grey arrow on Snapchat?
Unfortunately, there is no way to get rid of the grey arrow on Snapchat. The arrow will automatically change to a colored one when that particular user adds you as a friend on Snapchat.
- How to Fix Tap to Load Snapchat Error
- Fix Facebook Message Sent But Not Delivered
- What does Fruit mean on Snapchat?
- 7 Ways to Fix Slow Google Maps
We hope you were able to understand what does grey arrow mean on Snapchat with the help of our guide. Drop your queries or suggestions in the comment section.